Membership in NHS is an honor bestowed upon juniors and seniors. Selection for membership is by a Faculty Council and is based on outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, and service. Once selected, members have the responsibility to continue to demonstrate these qualities. (NHS Constitution Article VIII: Section 1) ACTIVE participation is required for membership in the National Honor Society.
Obligations include, but are not limited to:
- maintaining a 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- attendance at meetings (approximately once a month)
- participation in tutoring sessions (approximately once a month)
- participation in fundraising events (approximately two per year)
- participation in more than two current NHS service projects throughout the year
- participation in the development and completion of one additional service activity
- payment of dues (no more than $20).
Fall submission deadline for Class of 2018 TBA
Spring submissoin deadline for Class of 2019 TBA
NHS Induction Ceremony:
Thursday, April 26th, 2018