Dear 8th Grade Students and Parents:
As the first months of the new year pass, you no doubt are both excited about your coming transition from middle to high school, and at the same time anxious about what new opportunities and challenges await. Both the high school and middle school staff will work diligently throughout the year to ensure that you are provided the best program possible as you enter Franklin High School.
This page will provide infromation about activities that are planned in order to best support you through the transition process. Should you need to speak with someone at FHS regarding a question or concern, please visit the Staff Directory page to obtain information about relevant contacts for your needs.
Continue to work hard in all of your classes as you proceed through this school year. The best preparation for high school is a strong 8th grade year. Please feel free to contact the high school should you have any questions.
Yearly Transition Events:
The High School Experience-a program for incoming freshmen
During this week, students will have an opportunity to:
- Meet other incoming freshmen
- Meet faculty members from the Freshman Collaborative
- Participate in Project Adventure Challenge by Choice games
- Learn about FHS Technology and receive chromebook
- Collaborate on the Class Motto
- Receive the High School Experience t-shirt and water bottle
- Scholarships are available
Register for 2018 High School Experience-registration not yet open.