Franklin High School
New Student Registration Checklist
How do I register my student at Franklin High School?
(for BFCCPS students, see * below)
The following steps need to be taken, in this order, to register your child at Franklin High School :
1) Obtain a stamped Residency Statement at the Franklin School Superintendent's Office at 355 East Central Street, 3rd Floor.Once you have done this, an electronic record is created for your child in our Aspen System. You will include this document with the other forms and documents you need to complete registration at Franklin High School. Click here to view what you need to bring with you to get your Residency Statement. Info is in the PROOF OF RESIDENCE section at the top of the page.
2) Gather the following documents:
- Residency Statement (The pink form that was stamped for you at Franklin School Superintendent’s Office)
- Transcript from previous school- Guidance would like to see this at least one day prior to meeting with you to create a class schedule. You can mail, fax, email, or drop it off for the Student Registrar in the Main Office. See below for contact information. Incoming 9th graders can provide a final 8th grade report card in lieu of a transcript.
- Discipline and Attendance Records from previous school-student cannot start school at FHS unless we have these documents in hand. Click here to print our Discipline and Attendance release form to hand to your old school
- Child’s Birth certificate (we will make a copy)
- Immunization record from physician; All immunizations must be up to date; student cannot start school at FHS unless we have this in hand.
- Last Physical examination on physician’s letterhead
- Copy of any IEP or 504, if applicable
- Release of Information Form –please click here, print, and complete
- Home Language Survey-please click here to print, and complete
- Legal Guardianship Documents, if applicable
- Custody Documentation, if applicable,-Single parents must bring legal documentation verifying they have physical custody of the child/children ( i.e. court order, divorce document or a notarized custody form provided by central office). This includes separations, shared and joint custody arrangements.
3) Complete all of the following online forms by clicking on each of them:
These forms/information are for your convenience, but not required:
4) Once you have gathered and obtained all of the required documents and completed the online forms, please call the Student Registrar to make an appointment with a Guidance Counselor to create a class schedule. Either prior to or on the day of your Guidance appointment, bring all of your documents to the Student Registrar before your appointment.
The Franklin High School Student Registrar, Ivy Patten, can be reached at (508)-613-1424. The hours for the Student Registrar are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. You can email the Student Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org The FAX number for the Student Registrar is (508)-613-1510. Mailing address for Franklin High School is 218 Oak Street, Franklin, MA 02038
* BFCCPS student registration consists only of completing a paper course selection sheet, obtaining a Residency Statement, and completing the New Student Information Form in section 3 of this page.
-If you are a custodial parent or a legal guardian, please bring that documentation with you to the Superintendent's Office when you go to get your Residency Statement.
-If your student has an IEP or 504, please include that with your Residency Statment when you drop it off at the FHS Main Office.